Digital Object Identifier
Entry information for SARAH_V002_01
Here you find the details of your selected DOI acronym and the links to order the described products.
DOI for scientific and technical data
Surface Radiation Data Set - Heliosat (SARAH) - Edition 2.1
Pfeifroth, Uwe; Kothe, Steffen; Trentmann, Jörg; Hollmann, Rainer; Fuchs, Petra; Kaiser, Johannes; Werscheck, Martin (2019): Surface Radiation Data Set - Heliosat (SARAH) - Edition 2.1, Satellite Application Facility on Climate Monitoring, DOI:10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V002_01, https://doi.org/10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V002_01.
Satellite Application Facility on Climate Monitoring (CM SAF)
Pfeifroth, Uwe; Kothe, Steffen; Trentmann, Jörg; Hollmann, Rainer; Fuchs, Petra; Kaiser, Johannes; Werscheck, Martin
The first update of the second edition of the Surface Solar Radiation Data Set - Heliosat (SARAH-2) is a satellite-based climate data record of the solar surface irradiance, the surface direct irradiance (direct horizontal and direct normalized), the sunshine duration, spectral information, and the effective cloud albedo derived from satellite-observations of the visible channels of the MVIRI and the SEVIRI instruments onboard the geostationary Meteosat satellites. The data are available from 1983 to 2017 and cover the region ±65° longitude and ±65° latitude (±60° longitude and ±60° latitude for the spectral information). The products are available as monthly and daily means, and as 30-min instantaneous data (sunshine duration is available as monthly and daily sum) on a regular latitude/longitude grid with a spatial resolution of 0.05° x 0.05° degrees. The data record is complemented with a comprehensive documentation of the algorithms used and the generation of the data record. Validation report and user guidance are available as well. This data set includes the data (1983 to 2015) from Edition 2.0 of the SARAH data record (DOI:10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V002).
1983-01-01 - 2017-12-31
- Algorithm Theoretical Basis Document (ATBD), SARAH-2.1
- Product User Manual (PUM) SARAH-2.1
- Validation Report (VAL) SARAH-2.1
- Müller, R., U. Pfeifroth, C. Träger-Chatterjee, J. Trentmann, and R. Cremer (2015), Digging the METEOSAT Treasure-3 Decades of Solar Surface Radiation, Remote Sensing, 7(6), 8067-8101, doi:10.3390/rs70608067.
- Pfeifroth, U., A. Sanchez-Lorenzo, V. Manara, J. Trentmann, and R. Hollmann, 2018: Trends and Variability of Surface Solar Radiation in Europe based on Surface- and Satellite-based Data Records, J. Geophys. Res., 123, 1735-1754, doi: 10.1002/2017JD027418.
- Kothe, S., U. Pfeifroth, R. Cremer, J. Trentmann, and R. Hollmann, 2017: A Satellite-Based Sunshine Duration Climate Data Record for Europe and Africa, Remote Sens., 9, 429, doi:10.3390/rs9050429.
Related Data Records
- A previous version of this data record is available from here: DOI:10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V001
- This data record includes and extends this previous version: DOI:10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V002
This Thematic Climate Data Record is extended by the ICDR SEVIRI Radiation - based on SARAH-2 methods.