Digital Object Identifier
Entry information for SARAH_V002
Here you find the details of your selected DOI acronym and the links to order the described products.
Surface Radiation Data Set - Heliosat (SARAH) - Edition 2
Pfeifroth, Uwe; Kothe, Steffen; Müller, Richard; Trentmann, Jörg; Hollmann, Rainer; Fuchs, Petra; Werscheck, Martin (2017): Surface Radiation Data Set - Heliosat (SARAH) - Edition 2, Satellite Application Facility on Climate Monitoring, DOI:10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V002, https://doi.org/10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V002. [BibTeX entry]
Satellite Application Facility on Climate Monitoring (CM SAF)
Pfeifroth, Uwe; Kothe, Steffen; Müller, Richard; Trentmann, Jörg; Hollmann, Rainer; Fuchs, Petra; Werscheck, Martin
The second edition of the Surface Solar Radiation Data Set - Heliosat (SARAH-2) is a satellite-based climate data record of the solar surface irradiance, the surface direct irradiance (direct horizontal and direct normalized), the sunshine duration, spectral information, and the effective cloud albedo derived from satellite-observations of the visible channels of the MVIRI and the SEVIRI instruments onboard the geostationary Meteosat satellites. The data are available from 1983 to 2015 and cover the region ±65° longitude and ±65° latitude (±60° longitude and ±60° latitude for the spectral information). The products are available as monthly and daily means, and as 30-min instantaneous data (sunshine duration is available as monthly and daily sum) on a regular latitude/longitude grid with a spatial resolution of 0.05° x 0.05° degrees. The data record is complemented with a comprehensive documentation of the algorithms used and the generation of the data record. Validation report and user guidance are available as well.
1983-01-01 - 2015-12-01
Latitude: -65.00° S to 65.00° N
Longitude: -65.00° W to 65.00° E
- Algorithm Theoretical Basis Document (ATBD), SARAH-2
- Product User Manual (PUM) SARAH-2
- Validation Report (VAL) SARAH-2
- Müller, R., U. Pfeifroth, C. Träger-Chatterjee, J. Trentmann, and R. Cremer (2015), Digging the METEOSAT Treasure-3 Decades of Solar Surface Radiation, Remote Sensing, 7(6), 8067-8101, doi:10.3390/rs70608067.
- Kothe, S., U. Pfeifroth, R. Cremer, J. Trentmann, and R. Hollmann, 2017: A Satellite-Based Sunshine Duration Climate Data Record for Europe and Africa, Remote Sens., 9, 429, doi:10.3390/rs9050429.
- Pfeifroth, U., A. Sanchez-Lorenzo, V. Manara, J. Trentmann, and R. Hollmann (2018), Trends and Variability of Surface Solar Radiation in Europe based on Surface- and Satellite-based Data Records, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 123, 1735-1754, doi:10.1002/2017JD027418.
Related Data Records
- A previous version of this data record is available from here: DOI:10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V001.
- This data record is a portion of an extended version: DOI:10.5676/EUM_SAF_CM/SARAH/V002_01.